2 days ago, I made my startup project officially official…
It’s a strange mix of feelings ranging form excitement, nervousness, sense of responsibility and many others. To make it clear, I did not launch it yet, I just made the idea public.
What do I mean by that?
- I published my “how it works” video on Youtube. Check it out!
It’s a pretty simple animated video that shows the overall idea of Knowinger. I used GoAnimate Pro account to produce the the video and created the voice-over myself. I have some radio presenting background, which made the job little easier 🙂
- With this video, I entered EYE 50 Contest on C2-MTL, a global conference that explores the relationship between commerce and creativity. They are searching for your innovators with ideas that are solving problems in an innovative manner. Selected 20 innovators will be invited to the actual conference in Montreal! So I’m really hoping my idea is strong enough to make the top 20. Please support Knowinger in the contest by “recommending” the project above the video!
- I launched a signup landing page: www.knowinger.com, where I showcase the same video and ask people to sign up with their email address to stay in touch with the Knowinger community. I am planning to send those people updates on the development of the project. I also intend to give them a special launch offer once we go live. I launched the page with Launchrock, a very simple tool created for exactly this purpose: pre-launch landing pages to create some initial interest and build your email database. And it’s completely free!
- I set up the start up Facebook page and invited my friends to “like” the page. An obvious thing to do, yes. I do not feel I am currently ready for it as I don’t really have any content strategy, but I cannot afford not to do it I guess.
- Also, I set up Knowinger Twitter account and started tweeting, but am honestly struggling a bit in that space.
- And last but not least, I started this blog to write about my progress as an entrepreneur. Let’s see how we go here 🙂
It’s not a rocket science and I have’t done anything big (yet), as I didn’t really get my ducks in a row yet. But I still feel this was an important first step in launching my new project, a community marketplace for people to find and book face-to-face classes around the world and teachers to offer their knowledge.
I am seeking for any insights, comments, recommendation, connections or thoughts so please do not hesitate to comment here or contact me at hello(ad)knowinger.com.